If you’ve never considered a stir-fry for breakfast, allow us to suggest this simple little idea. It might just inspire you to get some veg into your first meal of the day. Three whole portions. Done!
Kale is one of the healthiest foods around, boasting heaps of vitamins – namely K, A and C – and tonnes of other powerful properties. Combine it with mushrooms and tomatoes and you’ve got a super tasty side dish to serve up with eggs, as we’ve done here. We’ve also added half an avocado (#avocadowitheverything) on a little rye toast for extra healthy brownie points.
You will need:
- 1 tsp coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 2 handfuls mushrooms (around 65g), quartered
- 2 handfuls of kale, chopped
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 tsp paprika (optional)
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Heat the coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over a moderate-high heat.
- Add the other ingredients to the pan and fry, stirring regularly, for around 5-10 minutes until the vegetables have softened and the mushrooms are slightly sticky (this adds to the flavour).
Add a clove garlic and/or a little fresh chilli or cayenne pepper for extra kick.