Who says pancakes can’t be healthy? These smell like blueberry pie as they cook, yet they’re totally wholesome. We love the way the warm berries burst and ooze as you cut into them. Cottage cheese is the secret ingredient adding flavour and extra protein. The timings are pretty precise, so keep an eye on your watch…
Makes 4 small pancakes
You will need:
- 45g porridge oats
- 1/2 banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp natural cottage cheese
- 1/2 tsp natural vanilla
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- Handful blueberries
- 1 tsp coconut oil (We use Lucy Bee)
- Blitz the oats, banana, egg, cottage cheese, vanilla and milk in a food processor or with
a hand blender, until smooth. Stir in the blueberries.
- Heat the coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over a moderate heat until the oil is hot.
- Add spoonfuls of the batter into the pan one at a time, leaving space around each pancake.
- Cook for 2 mins until the pancakes have puffed up and little bubbles have formed. The underside should be golden brown. Flip over and cook for 1 min. Serve warm.
- Repeat for any remaining batter, wiping the pan clean with kitchen roll between each one.
- Serve with natural or Greek yogurt
- For sweeter pancakes, drizzle over honey or maple syrup
- If you don’t have a food blender you can mash the pancake mixture with a fork instead
See more Breakfast recipes
This recipe is featured in our free Breakfast Recipes eBook – 5 Ways To Better Your Breakfast