We’ve taken our melt-in-the-mouth peanut butter fudge one indulgent step further… by turning it chocolately! Get your peanut butter/chocolate/sweet fix here…
This is such an easy but impressive recipe – it wows everyone we’ve tried it on! It’s perfect as an after-dinner treat if you’re hosting friends or family. Or keep some in the freezer, just for you, for when you want something rich and delicious.
What starts as a silky, caramel mixture becomes a rich and creamy fudge once it spends a brief time in the freezer. It will melt fairly quickly at room temperature, so don’t leave it hanging around for long.
While this fudge is made from good and natural ingredients, it’s still high in sugar and fats, so be ‘treat-wise’ (that means not eating the whole lot in one go!).
Makes approx 35 small pieces
You will need:
- 120g (1 cup) quality, natural, salted peanut butter (we use Meridian)
- 4 tbsp honey, brown rice syrup or maple syrup
- 4 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds (optional)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (we use Lucy Bee)
- Place the peanut butter, honey, cocoa powder and chopped almonds in a bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil over a low heat, or slowly in the microwave. Pour the melted oil over the other ingredients and whisk everything together until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a small, shallow non-stick baking tray (ours measured 24 x 18cm). It should even out easily, but if not, give the tray a shake.
- Freeze for at least half an hour before serving. It’ll be easy to cut almost straight away, or leave to soften at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
Store… the fudge in its tin in the freezer, covered in clingfilm. Or in an airtight container – separate the layers of fudge with parchment paper.
Add in… cacao nibs or chopped hazelnuts.
Make it… vegan by using maple syrup instead of honey.
See more Sweet Treats recipes