Berries are awesome superfoods as they’re packed with antioxidants. Make them a staple part of your diet with this seriously good smoothie. Adding natural butters and yogurts to fruit smoothies provides extra protein for a filling and more balanced breakfast. Use any type of frozen berries you like.
You will need…
- Large handful mixed frozen berries
- 1/2 banana (preferably frozen)
- 1 heaped tsp almond butter
- 175ml milk of choice
- 1 tbsp natural or Greek yogurt
- 1 handful spinach
- Squeeze fresh lime
- Few cubes of ice
- Simply throw everything into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Top with extra frozen berries to serve.
- Replace almond butter with ground almonds
- Freeze fresh berries flat in freezer bags
- Replace 50ml of the milk with coconut milk for a more energising and filling smoothie
See more Smoothie recipes
This recipe is featured in our free Breakfast Recipes eBook – 5 Ways To Better Your Breakfast