This fruity porridge tastes like pudding! We love it on hungry mornings or after an early gym session. Proper porridge like this, containing only whole ingredients and natural sugars, will sustain your energy and concentration levels throughout the morning and keep you full until lunch.
You will need:
- 1 tsp coconut oil (We use Lucy Bee)
- 1 red apple, grated
- 40g porridge oats
- 1 tbsp organic sultanas or raisins
- 200ml milk of choice
- 1 tbsp pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Heat the coconut oil in a non-stick saucepan over a moderate heat.
- Add the apple and cook for 3 mins, stirring frequently until soft.
- Add the oats, sultanas/raisins and milk to the pan, mix well and heat, stirring occasionally until the oats have softened and absorbed most of the milk (about 4-5 mins).
- Serve in a bowl with the nuts and cinnamon sprinkled over.
- Swap the sultanas/raisins with chopped dates
- Serve with a little natural yogurt
- Drizzle coconut milk over at the end
- Replace the nuts with almond butter
- Add banana slices for an extra filling meal
See more Breakfast recipes
This recipe is featured in our free Breakfast Recipes eBook – 5 Ways To Better Your Breakfast