Energy balls are such a good and healthy sweet snack. They’re so easy to make and don’t take tonnes of ingredients or utensils.
Any type of dates will do, but the soft squidgy kind, like Medjools, will blend more easily.
We love these before the gym or as an afternoon pick-me-up. They’re really easily transported in a sealed container, so they’re great for taking to work. Just keep them in the fridge so they stay firm.
Makes 10 balls
You will need:
- 50g dates (weight when pitted) – around 7/8 dates
- 1 tbsp honey
- 25g coconut oil, melted (Lucy Bee)
- 100g oats
- 1 tbsp almonds
- 1 tbsp flaxseed (optional)
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the dates, honey and coconut oil in a blender and blitz until the ingredients form a paste. You might need to scrape down the sides of the blender a couple of times as you go.
- Add the oats, almonds and flaxseed to the blender and pulse until the mixture has come together to form a thick, sticky dough. Again, you might need to do this in a couple of stages, giving the mixture a couple of stirs as you go, depending on your blender.
- Roll chunks of the mixture into balls in your hands, then place them on the tray and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up before eating. Store covered in the fridge.
Try rolling in shredded coconut or finely chopped nuts at the final stage before refrigerating.
See more Sweet Treats recipes