Avocado toast is one of our favourite breakfasts – healthy and filling and just about the quickest meal or snack you can throw together.
Granted, this isn’t much of a recipe, but we think this little twist is worth sharing. Here, avocado is perked up with fresh chilli, a squeeze of lime and a sprinkle of sea salt. A simple but amazing way to transform your toast in less than five minutes.
Top with a poached egg if you have more time.
You will need:
- 2 slices of quality bread (we love organic rye or spelt bread)
- 1/2 large, ripe avocado
- 1/2 green bird’s eye chilli (dried chilli flakes are also good)
- Fresh lime
- Sea salt
- Quality extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Toast the bread. Meanwhile, scoop the avocado half from the shell and finely chop the chilli.
- Mash the avocado onto the hot toast using the back of a fork. Chunks are good!
- Sprinkle with the chilli, a squeeze of lime, a pinch of sea salt and a tiny drizzle of olive oil (if using). Add extra of any of the above to taste.
See more Breakfast recipes