This makes a great post-workout smoothie or healthy breakfast. It’s so light and refreshing – good for warmer months – and the frozen fruit makes it gorgeously thick and slushy. (NB grab a spoon!) Blueberries provide a boost of antioxidants and are far cheaper and tastier when you buy them frozen.
Makes 1 smoothie
You will need:
- 1/2 cup (large handful) frozen blueberries
- 1/2 banana, cut into coins (frozen)
- Handful spinach (ideally frozen)
- 1 tbsp oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 heap tbsp natural protein powder (optional. Pea protein tastes great in this)
- 1 cup (240ml) milk of choice (or half milk and half water if you’re using protein powder)
- Squeeze lemon juice (optional)
- 2/3 ice cubes
Blitz everything together until smooth and creamy. Serve straight away.
This smoothie can also be made with frozen raspberries, strawberries or even a cooked baby beetroot.
See more Drinks recipes