Encouraging better breakfasts is one of our aims at eatwise. It’s such an important meal – fuelling your day and setting in place your healthy habits for the rest of that day. But we know it’s sometimes hard to think outside the (cereal) box, which is why we love to share our new ways to make breakfast better, easier, healthier.
Here’s our latest recommendation – this is an ingredient combination which just works…
Adding a chopped date to porridge as it cooks sweetens it just the right amount, with a toffee-like taste. The cashew nut butter (best. thing. ever.) adds a creamy richness. The frozen raspberries melt into the porridge, releasing their delicious flavour and juices. We also snuck in some banana chunks (hiding underneath the porridge) which you could add too.
Let us know what you think of this, and don’t forget to share your breakfast creations with us on our social channels (@eatwiseuk), using the hashtag #betteryourbreakfast so we can share with our followers.
You will need:
- 45g porridge oats
- 1 date, chopped up
- 200ml milk of choice (or half milk, half water)
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- Handful frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- Half banana, chopped (optional)
- Add the oats, date and milk to a small, non-stick saucepan, mix, and place over a moderate heat.
- Stir occasionally until the oats have softed and absorbed most of the milk (about 4-5 mins).
- Serve in a bowl and top with the cashew butter, raspberries, seeds, and banana if using.
See more Breakfast recipes