Here’s our new favourite way to eat eggs right now, which puts a fresh and easy spin on a frittata or omelette. Just whisk up eggs with your favourite flavours, pour into a tray, and 15 minutes later it’s ready, in easy-serve squares.
This recipe isn’t rocket science, but that’s exactly why we love it. We’re big on one-stage recipes like this, which take virtually no prep time. And it’s a great way to cook eggs. They come out light and fluffy, and the neat squares are perfect for topping toast, filling sandwiches, stacking with other ingredients…
Try any fillings you like. We love a mushroom and tomato version for breakfast, or cooked turkey breast and peppers for lunch/dinner. Just keep your fillings nice and small so they cook in time. Here’s an all-day idea to get you started.
You will need:
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp small chunks organic, natural chorizo
- 1/2 head broccoli, chopped into very small pieces
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh chilli, optional
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Grease a small, shallow baking tray pan (around 1.5cm deep) and heat your oven to 180C.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl, then mix in your chopped fillings and season well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the tray, and bake for 15-20 mins, until puffed and golden brown on top.
- Serve in slices, hot or cold.
See more Main meal recipes