Often it’s the days when there’s no food in the house that the best recipes are created. Like this one. Thank you tinned tuna, buckwheat and frozen peas for being there today when nothing else was – proving the importance of a well-stocked storecupboard and freezer. With the addition of some fresh broccoli we managed to find, this turned out to be a lovely little meal.
Buckwheat is a really great protein- and fibre-rich seed with a nutty flavour we love. Bulgur wheat or brown rice would also work well here.
You will need:
- 50g buckwheat
- 60g broccoli
- 1 tin tuna, drained (ours was in spring water)
- 3 tbsp peas, defrosted
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Lemon juice, to serve
- Salt and pepper, to serve
- Cook the buckwheat according to packet instructions and steam the broccoli. Let them cool if you have time.
- Place in a bowl and mix with the tuna and peas.
- Season to taste with the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
See more Lunch recipes