This delicious brunch recipe is cooked in just one pan for ease and less washing up.
It’s vegetable-packed, as there’s no reason breakfast should be devoid of the good, green stuff. Served with a crisp salad, it doubles as a decent dinner, too.
We’ve listed our favourite vegetables, but throw in anything that needs using up, like strips of pepper, or courgette. You could substitute the regular potato for sweet potato.
You will need:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium white potato, chopped into small chunks
- Handful mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- Large handful kale or spinach
- 1/2 tsp smoked or regular paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 eggs
- Heat your oven to 180°C/360°F/gas 4.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan and add the onion, potato, mushrooms, tomatoes, kale, paprika, cayenne and a good grind each of salt and pepper. Stir fry, stirring occasionally, for about 7 mins until the vegetables are nicely coloured and softened. Don’t over stir, it’s nice if the vegetables catch a bit on the bottom of the pan.
- Create 3 little spaces in the pan and crack an egg into each. Place the pan in the oven and cook for 8-10 mins until egg whites are set.
- Serve with some toast to dip into the runny egg yolk.
See more Breakfast recipes