If you’re going to be eating your next meal in two or three hours, it’s probably wise to hang on without snacking in order to avoid sugar level spikes – which can lead to wanting more food as well as excess calories.
Experts say the best way to control hunger between meals, is by snacking on combined foods – that means something containing a balance of protein, quality carbs and a little good fat. This explains why, often, a piece of fruit on its own isn’t enough to satisfy our hunger.
Try these balanced snack ideas:
- Natural yogurt with seeds and berries
- An apple spread with almond butter
- Cucumber sticks with homemade hummus
- Raw carrot with guacamole
- Or check out the recipe for our chocolate avocado mousse