Chewy and crispy just like a good flapjack should be, and all the ingredients go together in just one bowl – so they take no time. Whip up a batch of these guys for a healthy sweet treat whenever in need.
Makes 9 squares
You will need:
- 2 cups oats
- 60g dried coconut flakes
- 60g coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 40g honey
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 50g dark chocolate, broken up (85%+ ideally)
- Heat your oven to 150°C/300°F/gas mark 2 and grease a small square baking tray.
- Place all ingredients except the chocolate in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the baking tray, pressing down, and cook for 25 minutes until golden brown and firm. If it browns too much during cooking, cover with foil. Allow to cool in tin.
- Melt the chocolate gently in the microwave and drizzle over the flapjack. Leave the chocolate to set for about 10 mins, then cut into squares.
- Store in a sealed container in a cool place for up to 5 days.
Add 1 or 2 tbsp raisins to the mixture for extra sweetness and chewiness.
See more Healthy Treat recipes