This clever, melt-in-your-mouth fudge might be up there with our banana ice-cream recipe as one of the easiest and sweetest of treats in our repertoire.
Part of the pleasure is in the making of it. The creamy, silky, gooey mixture has us wanting to lick the stuff straight from the bowl.
Granted this is a pretty decadent recipe, though it’s made with natural, good-for-you ingredients. Just be ‘treat-wise’. A square or two goes a long way. It keeps well in the freezer, ready to eat whenever your sweet cravings hit.
Makes approx 35 small pieces
You will need:
- 1 cup quality, natural, smooth peanut butter (we use Meridian)
- 4 tbsp honey, brown rice syrup or maple syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut oil (we use Lucy Bee)
- Place the peanut butter and honey in a bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil over a low heat on the hob, or slowly in the microwave. Pour the melted oil over the peanut butter and honey and whisk everything together until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a small, shallow non-stick baking tray (ours measured 24 x 18cm). It should even out easily, but if not, give the tray a shake.
- Freeze for at least an hour before serving. Then cut and eat straight from the freezer – it melts pretty quickly, so don’t leave it out for long.
Add-ins: Try 1-2 tbsp of finely chopped toasted pecans, or a pinch of sea salt.
Store the fudge in its tin in the freezer, covered in clingfilm. Or in an airtight container – separate the layers of fudge with parchment paper.
See more Sweet Treats recipes