This is our go-to post-gym breakfast. Eggs are a good source of protein and avocados are one of the healthiest foods available which makes this a total powerhouse of a breakfast. The avocado acts as a ‘butter’ for the toast, too, so you won’t need any other type of spread. If our avo isn’t soft enough to mash, we slice it on top and grease up the toast with a little coconut oil instead.
You will need:
- 2 organic, free-range eggs
- 1 slice organic rye bread
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- Few drops lemon juice, optional
- Sea salt flakes and cracked black pepper to taste
- Place the eggs in a pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil then simmer on a low heat for 4 minutes. Meanwhile toast the bread.
- Run the eggs under cold water to cool them down then carefully peel away the shells.
- Mash the avocado onto the toast and squeeze over the lemon juice. Serve with the eggs sliced on top and season to taste.
Avocado on toast is a delicious breakfast all by itself, even without eggs. Try it with a little finely chopped fresh chilli and lime juice. Or with feta crumbled over the top.