Inspired by the team at LDN Muscle, this super speedy scramble is packed with protein (around 40g per serving). Protein is known to help repair muscles and aid recovery after exercise – making this a great meal to whip up post-workout. Protein has the amazing ability to leave you feeling full and satisfied (without bloating) – so we often turn to this dish on ‘hungry’ days – when nothing else will fill us up.
You will need:
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 organic, free-range eggs
- 1 tin of tuna (in olive oil preferably), drained
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Large handful spinach leaves
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- Black pepper to taste
- Place the onion, eggs, tuna and spinach leaves in a bowl and whisk together. Add paprika, optional.
- Heat the coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over a moderate heat. Ensure the pan and oil are nice and hot before adding the ingredients.
- Pour in the egg and tuna mix and stir regularly, for around 5 minutes until piping hot.
- Season to taste.
Serve with half an avocado for extra essential fat.