Soups are an easy way to eat well. Chuck everything in a pan, go off and do whatever you need to do for 20-30 minutes, come back and your meal is ready.
Chickpeas and lentils should form a big part of a healthy diet for lots of reasons, but they’re also great (and inexpensive) sources of protein – proving you don’t always need meat in your meal to hit your daily quota.
You will need:
- 1 tsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1 tin/jar organic chickpeas, rinsed and drained (we love Biona)
- 1 cup (250g) red lentils, rinsed
- Few sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 litre water
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and saute the onion for 10 mins until soft.
- Add the carrots, chickpeas, lentils and thyme and heat for a couple of minutes, stirring.
- Add the water, season well and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove from the heat and puree with a stick blender until smooth. Season further if necessary and serve.
See more Lunch recipes